Introduction Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Govt. of India has established ‘MHRD’s Innovation Cell (MIC)’ to systematically foster the culture of Innovation amongst all Higher Education Institutions (HEIs). The primary mandate of MIC is to encourage, inspire and nurture young students by supporting them to work with new ideas and transform them into prototypes while they are informative years.
MIC has envisioned encouraging creation of ‘Institution’s Innovation Council (IICs)’ across selected HEIs. A network of these IICs will be established to promote innovation in the Institution through multitudinous modes leading to an innovation promotion eco-system in the campuses.
Major focus of IIC:
To create a vibrant local innovation ecosystem. Start-up supporting Mechanism in HEIs. Prepare institute for Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements Framework. Establish Function Ecosystem for Scouting Ideas and Pre-incubation of Ideas. Develop better Cognitive Ability for Technology Students.
Functions of IICs:
1. To conduct various innovation and entrepreneurship-related activities prescribed by Central MIC in time bound fashion.
2. Identify and reward innovations and share success stories.
3. Organize periodic workshops/ seminars/ interactions with entrepreneurs, investors, professionals and create a mentor pool for student innovators.
4. Network with peers and national entrepreneurship development organizations.
5. Create an Institution’s Innovation portal to highlight innovative projects carried out by institution’s faculty and students.
6. Organize Hackathons, idea competition, mini-challenges etc. with the involvement of industries.
Institution’s Innovation Council(IIC)Composition:
|SeniorFacultyMemberoftheInstitution||President||1||Dr. M.P. Singh|
|Faculty Member||Convener||1||Er.Shailendra SIngh|
|Faculty Member||Member||1||Er.Devarshi Kapil|
|RepresentatiefromnearbyIncubationCentre||Member||1||T.Senthil Siva Subramanian|
|TechnicalExpertsfromnearbyIndustry||Member||2||Mr.Prakash Ambadas Kharwadkar, Er.Rakesh Garg|
|Alumni Entrepreneursfrom the Host Institutions(Optional)||Member||2||Er.Ankur Singh|
|Studentsfrom the host institution||Member||16||
After performing various activities prescribed by Innovation Cell, MHRD to promote innovation and Startup in campus during the IIC calendar 2018-19 we received 4 star rating (highest rating given by MIC in session 2018-19)